Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration
The Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration (C&BA) is the oldest school of business in Alabama and one of the premier programs in the South. Over its 87-year history, the College has earned national recognition for excellence in business education. Technologically sophisticated classrooms, laboratories, and library facilities, continuous improvements in academic programs, and an outstanding faculty provide a sound basis for maintaining this tradition of excellence.
Lee Bidgood, the first dean of the College, launched the School of Commerce in 1919. Dean Bidgood oversaw the development of the College, including construction of the Commerce Building, now known as Bidgood Hall, which was completed in 1929. Bidgood Hall has grown through several expansions and is now a central part of a technologically integrated three-building business complex in the central University campus. Alston Hall was completed in 1991 and the Bashinshky/Bruno library and compute center was added in 1994.
The College offers degree programs at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels, and has awarded more than 40,000 degrees since its inception. The College has been continuously accredited by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business since 1929. In 1981, the Culverhouse School of Accountancy became one of the first 13 programs in the nation to achieve separate accreditation in accounting.
- Accounting (AC)
- Business, general (GB)
- Economics (EC)
- Finance (FI or FIN)
- Management (MGT or MGMT)
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Marketing (MKT)
- Operations Management (OM)