The holidays are behind us, and the time to start moving to better health is now. UA Wellness and Work-Life is partnering with MoveSpring for a fresh take on the fitness challenge lineup in 2020 that motivates us all toward our goals.
MoveSpring is a comprehensive platform that syncs with most wearable devices and fitness apps. It also allows participants to log their activity online or through the app, so a wearable device isn’t necessary to participate. While the Fitbit employee discount is still available, a Fitbit is not required to take part in the challenges.
Follow these steps to be ready for Move Into Fit:
- Download the MoveSpring app or go to movespring.com to sign up.
- Enter our organization code: UAS
- Create your account; it only takes a minute.
- Join the Move Into Fit challenge by clicking “Join Challenge.”
- Sync your fitness tracker with MoveSpring or manually log your activity.
Move Into Fit is the first challenge of the new year. The challenge runs Jan. 13-19 and offers something for every fitness level. There are three ways to succeed:
- Stick to it: Get moving by hitting 5,000 steps on any four days of the challenge.
- Leaderboard goal: Log the most steps to win the Leaderboard challenge.
- Team leaderboard goal: The team with the highest daily steps average takes the prize.
Additionally, participants who achieve an average of at least 8,000 steps per day for the duration of the challenge will receive program credit toward their WellBAMA Rewards.
Wellness and Work-Life will feature other fun and interactive challenges throughout the year via MoveSpring to help us all stay focused on activity and better health.
Join the Move Into Fit challenge and start moving toward your health goals in 2020.
Check out the Wellness and Work-Life Instagram page for more details.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.