The Fourth Street East road closure is part of a project to move existing overhead power lines underground.
- Only the westbound lane of Fourth Street East between Second Avenue and Bryce Lawn Drive will be closed.
- This phase began May 13 and will last through July 31.
This phase will close both westbound and eastbound lanes of Fourth Street East between Second Avenue and Fraternity Lane.
- Bryce Lawn Drive also will be closed from Fourth Street East headed north to the first Bryce Lawn Apartments parking lot entrance.
- The Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity lot will be accessible from the eastbound lane of Fourth Street East.
- The starting date has not been determined, but this phase will last through July 31.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.