Phase One: Road Closure
Affected: University Boulevard eastbound and westbound lanes from Hackberry Lane to Devotie Drive
Closed: Starting Dec. 17, 2018, and lasting until Jan. 5, 2019.
- Devotie Drive will be completely closed in both directions from University Boulevard to Fourth Street.
- Southbound traffic on Devotie Drive will not be allowed onto University Boulevard.
- Pay attention to detour signage on how to navigate around the work area.
Phase Two: Lane Closure
Affected: University Boulevard eastbound lane from Sixth Avenue to Hackberry Lane.
Closed: Jan. 7, 2019, and lasting until Jan. 12, 2019.
- Eastbound traffic on University Boulevard will be shifted into the center turning lane.
- Eastbound traffic on University Boulevard will still be able to travel north, east or south once at Hackberry Lane.
- This should have no affect on westbound traffic.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.