Instructional faculty and staff interested in using experiential learning opportunities, known as ELOs, to assist undergraduates in developing strong problem-solving skills are invited to apply for The University of Alabama Learning in Action Fellowship.
The current application deadline has been extended to March 9 for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 fellowship cohort.
Faculty and staff who are interested in engaging diverse student populations and providing unique opportunities to actualize creativity and innovation in teaching and learning are encouraged to apply. Faculty and staff who are selected will:
- be recognized as campus leaders in experiential learning;
- receive guidance from national leaders in the field of experiential learning through on-campus and off-campus events;
- be supported by a collaborative peer network via professional communities and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness;
- be eligible for reimbursement up to $1,000 to be used for professional development that supports the development of professional knowledge and skills related to experiential learning, problem-solving, course design, assessment, or pedagogy relevant to one’s discipline.
- be eligible to receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement for resources needed to implement the ELO.
About Learning in Action
Learning in Action is The University of Alabama’s Quality Enhancement Plan. Through supporting high-quality experiential learning inside and outside of the classroom, Learning in Action helps undergraduates develop strong problem-solving skills and connect coursework to real-world contexts.
For more information about Learning in Action and the Learning in Action Fellowship program, contact Dr. Heather Pleasants at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 205-348-7899. Visit the website at http://learninginaction.ua.edu/.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.