The third annual Quad in Motion will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, on the Quad. The day includes favorite activities from past years and some new events.
The Office of Health Promotion and Wellness wants all 6,000+ employees to keep the Quad in Motion by walking or running for at least 30 minutes that day. To ensure all 6,000+ don’t show up at once, OHPW is asking employees to sign up for a 30-minute slot. If you don’t like to walk alone, bring your department with you.
9 a.m. Gentle yoga
10 a.m. Deskercise
11 a.m. Free throw challenge
Noon and 12:30 p.m: Injury prevention/stretching demonstration
1 p.m. Fitness assessments with a trainer
2 p.m. Tai chi
3 p.m. Faculty/staff intramural registration
- Refreshing flavored water station
- Bike physicals (remember to bring your bike)
- Outdoor Recreation equipment rental and fall trips/clinics Information
- Flu shots
- Inclusive exercise demonstration and Free Throw Challenge with UA Adapted Athletics
- Fitness assessment with UREC personal trainers
- Cancer prevention education in the 30-foot inflatable colon
- Vertical jump test and strength evaluations
In addition, Quad in Motion also will serve as the kick-off for Strive For Five, a five-week online program for UA faculty and staff that promotes healthy habits. Bring your registration confirmation to the OHPW table and receive your incentive gift and participant guide.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.