Professional Development Series II: Effective Communication Techniques and Skills
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Time: 08:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: 2501 Classroom Capital Hall
Categories: HR Learning and Development, Workshops and Seminars
Participants of the Effective Communication Techniques and Skills module of the Professional Development Series will learn the art and application of effective communication as they spend time discussing Five Elements of Communication, learning from social psychologist, Amy Cuddy about the impact of non-verbal communication, and observing scenarios demonstrating techniques to enhance service communications — over the phone and in person.
- Gain awareness of their own non-verbal communication and how it can impacts their behavior—and others’
- Review, discuss and practice Five Elements of Communication: Speaker, Listener, Language, Environment and Feedback
- Enhance their understanding of verbal, vocal and visual communication messaging
- Participate in Listening and Feedback activities designed to heighten awareness to barriers to effective listening, and provide techniques to improve two-way communication
- Observe on-screen scenarios demonstrating key actions learners can apply in customer service interactions and interpersonal communications such as: using empathy, acknowledging emotions, and learning to gently confront.
This is one of five modules of The Professional Development Series. Those seeking promotion to the Office Associate Senior Level are required to attend this session.
Click Here to Register Online through Skillport.
HR Learning & Development, HRLearningandDevelopment@ua.edu, 205-348-9700
Save to Your Calendar
Google Calendar | Yahoo! Calendar | Windows Live Calendar | iCalendar | vCalendar