The faculty of the Capstone College of Nursing recognizes high academic achievement with the following honors designations:
- Summa cum laude. A student graduating with a degree designated summa cum laude shall have maintained a grade point average of 3.9 or higher for all college-level work.
- Magna cum laude. A student graduating with a degree designated magna cum laude shall have maintained a grade point average of 3.7 or higher, but less than 3.9, for all college-level work.
- Cum laude. A student graduating with a degree designated cum laude shall have maintained a grade point average of 3.5 or higher, but less than 3.7, for all college-level work.
The minimum averages of 3.9, 3.7, and 3.5 cannot be achieved by rounding. Averages will be calculated for performance in all courses in which the student has been enrolled prior to receiving the degree.
Information about scholarships and financial aid for nursing students may be obtained from the Capstone College of Nursing Office of Nursing Student Services. Sources of such aid include the following:
- Linda and Terry Olivet Endowed Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Evelyn Wurm-Hardy Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Carol Sayers Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- James Searcy Snow, M.D., Scholarship
- State of Alabama Nursing Scholarship
- Tuscaloosa-Hale County Medical Auxiliary Scholarship
- Tuscaloosa Clinic Scholarship
- Marilyn Kay Mitchell Memorial Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Jennifer Lee Davis Memorial Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Evelyn E. Nall Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Barbara H. Lowery Endowed Scholarship
- Stella Barnes Thornton Endowed Nursing Scholarship
- Conrad and Mary Russell Bliss Endowed Scholarship
- Cinda Pearce Overton Endowed Scholarship
- Annette Gann Jones Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Ann H. Banks Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Bethany Family Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Hedy Hinton Waldrop Endowed Scholarship
- Tom and Toolie Buttram Endowed Nursing Scholarship
Other sources to be explored include
- health care agency scholarships and loans
- civic organizations
- UA's Cooperative Education Program
- UA's Student Financial Aid office
- military/ROTC scholarships
- government agencies
- Association of Nursing Students scholarships