You are viewing a past version of the Undergraduate Catalog. For the most recent version, please visit

2004-2006 Undergraduate Catalog
  Next   Previous   Contents   Search   UA  

[School of Social Work]


A student who is majoring in another UA college may declare a minor in social welfare, subject to the requirements of his or her college. Requirements for an undergraduate minor in social welfare are as follows: SW 100, SW 200, SW 351, and 9 additional hours of social work courses to be selected from among the courses open to non-social work majors and for which students completing the ­minor have successfully passed the appropriate prerequisites. One of these courses must be at the 300 or 400 level. Social welfare minors may not take social work practice courses, including SW 440, SW 441, SW 442, SW 443, and SW 490. A student who plans to declare a minor in social welfare should go to the School of Social Work records office, 113 Little Hall, to complete appropriate forms.

  Next   Previous   Contents   Search   UA