Political Science Minor
Admission into the minor. Students are expected to formally declare a minor. With the assistance of an advisor in the minor department, students should complete the “Declaration of Minor” form before or during the third year of full-time enrollment.
Grade point average. A 2.0 grade point average in the minor is required for completion of the degree. The minor GPA is calculated based on all courses applicable to the minor that the student has attempted at UA and all work attempted applicable to the minor throughout the entire higher education career.
Minor courses. The minor in political science requires the successful completion of the following 18 semester hours:
|PSC 201, PSC 202, PSC 203, PSC 204,|
|PSC 205, or PSC 206||3|
|PSC field requirement*||6|
- American Government: PSC 102, PSC 103, PSC 211, PSC 311, PSC 312, PSC 313, PSC 314, PSC 315, PSC 316, PSC 318, PSC 319, PSC 364, PSC 411, PSC 412, PSC 413, PSC 414, PSC 423, and PSC 466.
- Comparative Politics: PSC 203, PSC 317, PSC 331, PSC 332, PSC 333, PSC 334, PSC 341, PSC 352, PSC 433, PSC 436, PSC 437, and PSC 443.
- Political Theory: PSC 205, PSC 251, PSC 317, PSC 352, PSC 353, PSC 362, PSC 451, and PSC 452.
- Public Administration: PSC 206, PSC 211, PSC 361, PSC 362, PSC 412, PSC 461, PSC 462, and PSC 466.
- International Relations: PSC 204, PSC 342, PSC 343, PSC 413, PSC 414, PSC 432, PSC 434, PSC 435, PSC 441, PSC 442, PSC 444, PSC 445, and PSC 446.
Upper-level residency. A minimum of 6 hours of 300- and 400-level courses in the minor must be earned on this campus.
Ancillary courses. This minor does not require ancillary courses.
Additional minor requirements. Specific sections of topics courses (PSC 320, PSC 321, and PSC 422) may be appropriate to fulfill the field requirements. Students should contact the department’s undergraduate director concerning this use of special topics courses. Students are responsible for ensuring that they have met all University, college, major, and minor requirements. However, each student must meet with an advisor in the major department for academic planning and to be cleared for registration each semester. If necessary, students may consult with the minor department academic advisor for questions concerning minor requirements.